Quality Assurance Technician Co-Manufacturing
1) Monday - Friday; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Makes decisions regarding release or rejection of products prior to shipment from co-manufacturing facilities.
* Monitors and records all assigned tasks and completes the associated records in a timely manner, to ensure that all related documents are comprehensive, up to date, and compliant with company policies and practices
* Obtains samples of raw materials, packaging material or finished products for shelf life studies and/or analysis in accordance with the testing schedule or when required.
* Take initiatives to improve compliance management at assigned facilities. Works with various personnel on projects to improve existing processes, including: planning, organizing and executing assigned projects.
* Identify quality and/or process improvement ideas for co-manufactured products.
* Ensure traceability is maintained and perform infrequent checks for co-manufactured products by visiting assigned facilities.
* Follow-up and issue corrective actions based on deviations found in plant processes or resulting issues including: product deviations, customer complaints or third party audits.
* Communicate significant issues observed at co-manufacturing sites or potential gaps in current processes to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
* Compile, generate, and maintain reports for the daily visits to assigned facilities. Keep all documents up to date to ensure accuracy and compliance to the company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations;
* Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* General computer skills (e.g. MS Office / Inventory Management systems).
* Self-starter, well organized, detail oriented and a team player capable to work independently and under supervision.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent negotiation abilities.
* Must posses valid G license and vehicle for travel
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
* Plant based Manufacturing facilities
* Varying temperatures
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.