By Product Driver (AZ Driver)
Shift: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Role Purpose: Responsible for the delivery/transportation of by-products, waste, and recycling as needed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
· Coordinates, and communicates consumable pickups daily, as required.
· Communicates with By-Products Manager to ensure inventory levels are met.
· Supports By-Products Manager by loading outside tankers
· Performs detailed daily trip inspections as outlined in the departmental SOPs.
· Performs tractor housekeeping, ensuring the internal and external cleanliness and tidiness of tractors.
· Reports any maintenance required to trucks, tractors, bins, etc. to the By-Product Manager.
· Policies, Processes & Procedures
· Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
· Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
· Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, Loss Control, etc.;
· Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Class A license
· Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
· Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
· Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
· Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
· Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
· Outside conditions (weather) and farm environment (strong smells, animal feces, muck, etc.)
· Some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.