National Sales Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Maintain & strengthen relationships with our customer's senior management team to reinforce our position as industry leaders.
* Build and maintain knowledge of all aspects of the business including store level activity, opportunities, consumer trends, customer focus, strategy & execution.
* Oversee the planning, preparation and execution of business plans and sales budgets.
* Manage Trade Merchandising Allowance to maximize sales (forecast, justify, track & approve).
* Manage forecast volumes with Planning & Scheduling Departments.
* Grow sales and gross profit dollars and % while maintaining a strong and profitable sales mix that aligns with best sale strategies - manage customer selling prices on an ongoing basis.
* Evaluate new business opportunities developed by sales team(s) and determine appropriate strategy where required.
* Operate with integrity and professionalism, striving to act in the best of interests of both MLF and the customer while providing superior service.
* People Management: provides direct management of a team or business area providing formal and informal feedback to ensure continuous development of the team members and contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy; establish goals and priorities and manage the activities and work of subordinates Evaluate their performance by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance; responsible for all aspects of Human Resources functions for team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters; and develop team capabilities through continue on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching.
* Budgeting: prepare, recommend and manage a budget for the direct area of responsibility by conducting analysis and preparing data to support requested budget; and monitor the financial performance of area of responsibility against approved budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized on.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved department specific processes, policies and procedures; and ensure that all employees under position leadership, follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Strong experience in building strategic relations with customers, preferably with key retailers
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
* Demonstrated success in building strong, collaborative teams, setting stretch objectives, and holding people accountable for commitments with a track record of delivery favorable results;
* General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
* Building High Performance Teams - Recruits and retains high-performing talent, sets high standards for performance and ultimately creates a collaborative culture.
* Coaching & Mentoring Others - Supports the growth of others by providing regular feedback, fostering connections, and formulating individualized development plans.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.