Quality Assurance Technician, Animal Welfare
1) Monday - Friday; 3:45 a.m. - 12 p.m. (Occasional Saturday Shift)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Monitor incoming loads for bird condition, truck unloading process dead birds on arrival (DOAs) evaluation and disposal.
* Monitor and record bird condition on the Live Bird Monitoring Report on an hourly basis during holding.
* Report any issues with live loads to Live Haul Dispatch, Live Receiving Supervisor and ensure that distressed laords are prioritized in slaughter sequence.
* Monitor and record all tasks/checks assigned and complete the relevant documents/records in a timely manner.
* Completion of procedures related to heartbeat testing of stunned birds for Halal certification.
* Bacterial swabbing of transport containers.
* Ensure procedures are followed and corrective actions are taken to get the product to Customer and comply with Animal Welfare Program and MLF Company's requirements by following up with appropriate parties on deviations and corrective actions.
* Provide information and possible solutions that will help management to correct identified issues and work towards future improvements related to the AW program.
* Liaises with CFIA inspection staff during the course of CFIA inspection/investigation.
*Back up for monitoring processes of outdoor holding barns as needed.
* Supports all other departmental needs as required.
* Policies, Processes and Procedures. Follow all relevantdepartmental policies, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Comfortable working with live chicken year-round
* Must have strong tolerance of a farm environment (scents, animal feces, muck, blood, etc.)
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential
* Self-starter, well organized, detail oriented and a team player
* Excellent learning abilities, hands-on technical orientation and highly motivated
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Knowledge of the Health of Animals Act and CFIA humane poultry handling procedures
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, etc.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma required.
on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
* Varying temperatures
* Damp and wet environment
* Farm environment
* Outside conditions: muddy, varying weather conditions
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.