KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Ensures that the required re-assessments of programs are completed following the prescribed schedule and informs the Manager - Food Safety and Quality Programs of any delays.
* Manages, updates, processes, and logs SOP and Consumable report revisions in addition to maintaining the Consumable Revisions Form Requests and related consumable documents for the Brampton and Mississauga plants.
* Maintains and updates Allergen Matrices for all departments and facilities where MLF products are produced.
* Supports New Product Development (NPD) in tasks related to product development such as Specifications creation / updates as required.
* Ensures the supplier approval program and associated documentation (letters of guarantee, specifications, allergen lists, certificates, etc.) are current and accurate.
* Acts as an alternate/backup trainer for applicable training; Orientation, MPIP, HACCP refresher, Animal welfare, etc.
* Maintains the Equipment Calibration Log for Metal Detectors, Light Meter(s), scales, etc.
* Provides CFIA with the necessary paperwork in a timely manner to complete their Compliance Verification System (CVS) tasks.
* Reviews and monitors changing regulatory policy and reports to Senior QA staff so that necessary changes can be made in a timely manner.
* Analyzes micro and product analysis data to provide QA & Food Safety recommendations to management as required.
* Assists in conducting root cause analysis for non-conformities and customer complaints.
* Assists in performing Internal Audits by gathering necessary information as requested.
*Prepares necessary documentation for all training related to QA Technician tasks, and ensures that all relevant training is completed.
* Prepares all QA test schedules and ensure compliance as requested by QA Manager/Supervisor. Perform on-site inspections, testing, and trend analysis when requested to ensure that the product manufactured is in compliance to the customer’s requirements and company specifications.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Team-player with the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders (including CFIA Inspectors);
* Working knowledge of quality assurance principles, food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Dynamic and proactive employee, with a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast paced environment while organizing and prioritizing workload;
* General computer skills (e.g. MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.