General Receiver + Shunter
Role Purpose: Responsible for the overall receiving and proper storage of goods in the Consumables Warehouse, keeping the warehouse as organized and clean as possible.
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
· Follow FIFO (first in / first out) practices with ingredients and segregates all allergens by placing them in a designated area.
· As part of BRC requirements, they confirm that all food contact packaging and ingredients have an EAN128 barcode for scanning purposes. In the event that they do not have a barcode, they are put into the staging area to be labelled with an internal MLF barcode label and eventually put in their designated area.
· Adhere to good housekeeping standards by collecting skids, emptying garbage bins and sweeping floors, cleaning floors drains as required.
· Puts away cafeteria food stock as required.
· Reviews and signs Receiving log.
o Provides service to the Plant when requests for assistance with packaging are received.
o Applies anti-bacterial compound on warehouse floors to reduce bacterial load as per Q.A. on a daily basis.
o Act as a back up to other Receivers during breaks, lunches and to cover vacation time.
o Completes Shunt truck pre-shift checks
o Checks inventory levels of corrugate to determine what items needs to be off-loaded first.
o Locate trailers in the yard, backs trailers into the dock, unloads trailers to restock items that require replenishing (consumable items that have to be stored in the yard are there due to the lack of warehouse space).
o Unload trailers/trucks with consumable items from internal drivers and external drivers. Live Haul picks up certain consumable items and the remainder are delivered via our suppliers or couriers.
o Checks the condition of trailers, verifies goods, counts, signs and initials the packing slip and ensures that all items are put into the correct locations.
· Policies, Processes & Procedures
o Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Previous Shunting experience
Understand concept of FIFO and 5S
Working knowledge of HACCP.
Ability to shunt trailers into and out of shipping docks as well as the ability to drive BT machine and stacker.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· BT, Stacker and forklift license / Shunter license
· Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
· Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
· Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
· Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
· Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perception
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.