Plant Supervisor (Evisceration)
Shift: Monday to Friday; 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Ensures that Production employees have received adequate good manufacturing practices and technical training and that all staff are following all procedures and guidelines.
* Ensures that products manufactured in the department meet the regulatory and customer requirements.
* Liaises with other departments to ensure that all plant expectations are met. Provide feedback to Production Manager to resolve any issues that arise.
* Participates and/or assigns employees to work on new product development and plant trials.
* Verify employee records or forms related to health & safety, production, and time sheets on a weekly basis, and liaise with employees to correct any inaccuracies.
* People Supervision: organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner; and provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.