Machine Operator (Eviscerating)
Shift: Friday - Monday ; 3 am - 1:30pm (Friday and Monday) and then 6 am - 4:30pm (Saturday and Sunday); 4 days/ week, 10 hours/day
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
2. Works closely with Department and Maintenance Supervisor, providing feedback as to how equipment is performing.
3. Sets up equipment to ensure that all products manufactured in the department meet Company and customer requirements.
4. Work with CIFA on HACCP Plan. Identify any deficiencies on the line and work with CFIA to correct.
5. Collect all material and ensure that everything is accounted for as per P&P program (e.g. scissors and knives).
6. Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition, according to GMPs.
7. Accurately record the relevant monitoring tasks in the department records.
8. Policies, Processes & Procedures a. Adhere/comply with company policies and procedures. b. Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety,
food quality, etc.;
Working knowledge of knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations;
Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential; · Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
Well organized team player with good interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills.;
General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
· Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
· Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
· Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.