Role Purpose: Responsible for the safe and compliant operation of the Water Treatment plant
equipment and processes.
Shift: Monday - Friday 8pm - 4:30am
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
trades if any Company assets require attention to ensure maximum performance.
* Monitor any repairs and/or alterations so that repairs are completed in the proper fashion,
and follows up to ensure that the asset performs as required.
* Monitor Waste Water Plant processes with respect to sampling, monitoring, analysis,
reporting, adjustments: and follows up to ensure the processes are performing as expected
* Follows all Company policies and procedures, and works safely, utilizing all required PPE in
good condition. Reports any unsafe acts and/or conditions to management.
* Monitor all different processes of the Water & Waste Water Treatment department
involving sampling and sample preparation.
* Conduct lab work and analyses of all plant processes.
* Follows departmental SOPs with respect to all maintenance, housekeeping and operation of
waste water & related equipment.
* Perform Security duties (e.g. watches for trespassers, unauthorized persons, or anything out
of the ordinary), and contacts Security as necessary.
* Assist and follow up with Supervisor with respect to employee training and compliance
with Company objectives.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures
o Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures
and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Must possess mechanical aptitude;
* Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Knowledge of process improvement tools;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
· Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
· Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
· Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
· Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.