Shift: Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Troubleshoot/repair/replace as required all electrical equipment at MLF. Respond to and repair fire alarms and any other alarms called by security. Check and repair ground faults. Complete electrical pms. Troubleshoot incoming hydro disruptions.
* Assist other trades and other duties as required.
* Proven abilities to work on PLC, HMI, SCADA, AC/DC drives, servo drives and motion controls
* Experience and thorough understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic control systems for automated machinery.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
* Provides oversight and guidance to Apprentice Electricians.
* Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
* Experience required in inspection, testing, diagnosing, servicing, maintaining and overhauling a wide variety of electrical, instrumentation, control, electronic equipment, components, sensors, protective devices and relays.
* Experienced in installing AC/DC drives, Servo Drives and thermostats, electrical wirings, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
* Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Ability to work from schematics, drawings and prints when troubleshooting
* Must possess mechanical and electrical aptitude.
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Must provide proof of apprenticeship or prior experience (Apprentice).
* Fire alarm certification an asset.
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.