Shift: 2-week rotation, Friday to Sunday: 6:00 am to 4:30 pm and thenTuesday to Friday: 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Replaces worn or corroded overhead line tracks, supports and guiding.
* Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, and specifications to determine layout requirements.
* Cuts openings for pipes and structures in walls, floors and ceilings using hand and power tools or appropriate machines.
* Accurately/correctly selects the type and size of metal/pipe required; Fits up and welds pipes.
* Assists Maintenance with emergency repairs and other Trades as necessary.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures a. Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Ability to correctly and safely work with hand and power tools, steel/stainless steel, pipes, and other related materials;
* Must possess mechanical aptitude;
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all level
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.