Millwright - Apprentice
Shift: Sunday to Thursday from 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Reads drawings, blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
* Installs, aligns, dismantles, and moves stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, according to layout plans and using hand and power tools.
* Assembles machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools, and welding equipment.
* Informs the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor of any outstanding mechanical matters.
* Stores equipment and tools properly when they are not in use and ensures that work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
* Assists other trades in emergency repairs and other tasks as necessary.
* Apprentice Millwrights complete all duties of a Millwright under the guidance of a Licensed Millwright.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Welding experience;
* Ability to work from schematics, drawings and prints when troubleshooting;
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Must provide proof of apprenticeship or prior experience (Apprentice).
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.