Shipping Supervisor (Brampton)
Shift: Monday - Friday 4:00 pm - 12:30 am
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Ensures products shipped to another federal registered establishment conform to the associated regulatory requirements.
* Accountable for preventative maintenance on VRT equipment in the absence of the VRT Supervisor.
* Responsible for establishing and monitoring departmental KPI’s, Daily Operating Report.
* Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of product flow within VRT operations in the absence of the VRT Supervisor.
* Provides coverage as a backup VRT operator as needed.
* Inspects and ensures that carriers used to load or unload goods are clean, and do not pose a food safety hazard.
* Assists the Shipping Manager in planning and organizing warehouse activities relating to Shipping & Receiving, transportation, receiving returns, order filling, inventory control, and storage.
* Implements corrective action and process improvements when and where appropriate.
* Maintains a clean and safe warehouse environment.
* Ensure that any individual (internal or external to MLF) coming into the department are trained on and follow the appropriate health and safety policies and procedures.
* People Supervision: organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner; and provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
* Mechanical aptitude would be an asset
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* BT / Forklift License
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.