Live Haul Dispatch Supervisor
Shift: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Ensure all delays and issues with schedule are communicated to Manager, Live Haul Dispatch, producers, catchers, and MLF plant operations.
* In conjunction with MLF Health & Safety, complete investigations and provide documentation on all accident, incidents, and near misses.
* Document all stress loads, emergency calls, catching delays and transponder usage and communicate to the relevant parties; compile all required documentation for High DOA loads.
* Responsible for the humane handling, transport and holding of all birds in their care and daily interaction with CFIA with respect to any issues or reports.
* People Supervision: organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner; and provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved Logistics processes, policies and procedures.
* Poultry transport experience an asset;
* Strong knowledge of Health of Animals Act and humane poultry handling procedures;
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, Loss Control, etc.;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Knowledge of process improvement tools;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office), Intermediate Excel skills required.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* CLT (Canadian Livestock Transport) training is an asset.
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.