Corporate Security Manager
Role Purpose: Responsible for leading and supervising the entire Security department, and liaising with all regulatory agencies while continually improving corporate security. Liaise with police services and food industry security professionals. Implements and administers a loss prevention program to effectively meet the requirements and policies of the Company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Applying federal, provincial and municipal regulations;
- Evaluating existing policies and procedures in relation to the Company’s requirements, and recommending new and amended policies and procedures;
- Consulting with Management to ensure that new or existing loss prevention procedures serve the needs of the Company, and conducting studies and surveys to assess the effects of new or changed programs; and
- Enforcing all rules and regulations with respect to loss prevention.
* Provides training and counselling to Company managers and staff to improve efficiency and eliminate errors with respect to Security processes and procedures. Provides direction and guidance in relation to security in building alterations, new facility design and other matters which may impact the protection of employees, visitors, management, and Company property.
* Provides training to all staff involved in handling cash.
* Consults with all managers with respect to any security related changes to be made within their areas of responsibility.
* Delegates various assignments to the Security Supervisor and Security Guards. Provides direction and guidance to Maple Lodge Farms, related companies, and Senior Management on matters related to security, asset protection and executive protection.
* Regularly reviews security staff, develops and institutes procedures and methods to improve loss prevention, advising management on all such matters, and directs training to all Security staff.
* Assesses physical requirements of staff, recommending changes when necessary.
* Maintains staff records relating to Security staff to develop a working knowledge of each Security team member.
* Monitors, controls and records all vehicular traffic and visitors into and out of the facility and property, as well as all activities within all buildings, the compound, and surrounding area to ensure a safe and secure environment.
* Performs as administrator of the key control system.
* Initiates appropriate corrective action with respect to urgent security issues, and maintains proper records of all security related incidents that occur on Maple Lodge Farms property, or other property owned by MLF.
* Submits monthly statistical reports on all security related issues along with the necessary supporting material for Management action.
* Provides auditing services and supervision to the shipping department.
* Maintains active membership in professional security organizations, such as ASIS and SCIS
People Supervision: :
- Provides overall management of a large team or business area and includes management of individuals indirectly through subordinate supervisors or managers.
- Establish goals and priorities and manage the activities and work of subordinates Evaluate their performance by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources functions for team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Develop team capabilities through continue on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching.
- Prepare, recommend and manage a budget for the direct area of responsibility by conducting analysis and preparing data to support requested budget.
- Monitor the financial performance of area of responsibility against approved budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized on
* Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Recommend, develop and implement enhancements and improvements to departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees under position leadership, follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Adhere/comply with company policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of relevant security programs and processes (e.g. HACCP);
* Up-to-date knowledge and familiarity with changes in the Criminal Code of Canada; federal, provincial and municipal Statues; loss prevention policies; procedures and regulations; investigative methodology; and activities in loss prevention;
* Up-to-date knowledge of trends relating to security systems, and electronic surveillance.
* Computer literacy (MS Office)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perception
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.