Service Desk Analyst
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Providing first-line investigation and diagnosis.
* Resolving incidents/service requests when first contacted whenever possible.
* Escalating incidents/service requests that they cannot resolve within agreed timescales.
* Keeping users informed of progress.
* Closing all resolved incidents, requests and other calls.
* Conducting customer/user satisfaction call-backs/surveys as agreed.
* Communication with users - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
* Maintain accurate inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts.
* Provide basic training and demos for staff.
* Create support documentation for staff.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Team-player with the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* 2 years previous IT Service Desk experience required;
* Incident Management experience - Managing incidents including business expectations and communication;
* Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Office Suite;
* Experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices;
* Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration;
* Office 365 Administration;
* Mobile Device administration (i.e. Samsung, iPhone); and
* Experience troubleshooting basic network issues such as wireless or VPN connectivity
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
* Microsoft certification such as MCP would be desirable
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
* Requires regular travel to offices in Brampton and Mississauga and occasional travel to other MLF locations in Canada, if needed;
* Standard Office environment with occasional plant work;
* Ability to lift computer hardware, network printers, peripherals
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.