HR Administrator (6-month contract)
Please note, this is a 6-month contract position only.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Organizes weekly paperwork for the insurance company regarding accident and sickness claims.
* Efficiently prioritizes work to ensure continuous functionality and the timely completion of tasks and duties.
* Responds to employee customer service/window and general employee inquiries and provides assistance when necessary. Escalates to the appropriate authority (e.g. HR team member, Manager, etc…) when required and follows up with proper manager to confirm resolution.
* Supports recruitment initiatives and completes applicant reference checks when required.
* Assists as required with new hire orientation for Unionized employees.
* Coordinates various special events and ensures all necessary preparations are made, including but not limited to: administration/documentation; advertising; supply of flowers, refreshments, prizes, Christmas gifts for employees’ children, long-term service awards, retirements, etc.
* Performs general administrative duties for the HR department, including but not limited to: processing Union employee vacation requests and scheduling; coordinating the issue of parking passes and security badges; general filing, and form replenishment, and data entry; processing letter of employment; and mail pick up and distribution.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* General understanding of HR related legislation, including but not limited to the Ontario Employment Standards Act (ESA); Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), Ontario Labour Relations Act (OLRA) etc;
* Knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc. an asset;
* Proven ability to handle confidential information and contentious issues;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* General computer skills (MS Office; data entry).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.