Grower Services Field Technician
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Attends industry functions and meetings from time to time to promote Maple Lodge Farms.
* Monitors broilers throughout the growing period with a focus on the specific technical elements of the process (e.g. managing bronchitis, chick weights etc..).
* Participates in Grower Services team meetings, either in person or via conference call.
* Communicates with all Grower Services team members and senior broiler planning specialist regarding the status of accounts and the technical performance of producers.
* Working with the Grower Services Account Management Team, manage a grower list, executing the defined grower service model ensuring the defined technical requirements are met by all MLF growers.
* Coordinating in a team selling environment with the Grower Services Account Management team, to provide the support services required by the grower.
* Delivering materials and knowledge related to the services provided and data captured at the grower barns.
* Collecting and delivering data entry as required by the grower service model.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Understanding of fundamental bio security practices
* Team-player able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* General computer skills (MS Office), Sharepoint.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.