Chicken Shop Hot Counter Crew Member/ Cook
Role Purpose: Responsible for day to day individual consumer transactions while maintaining and executing the highest standard of customer service for consumers purchasing ready to eat meals at the Hot Counter.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
· Gather customer information, take orders, and provide fast, friendly service with a smile.
· Prepare and collect customer orders in a timely, efficient and food safe manner.
· Unpack and restock products (up to 50 lbs and 50lbs+) for Hot Counter Food preparation and replenish inventories as required.
· Completes temperature checks on products as needed, and ensures cooked chicken sheets are completed.
· Maintain area organization and cleanliness of cook tables, fryers, sinks, and coolers.
· Organizing and putting away overstock, including oil, coating mix, sauces, etc.
· Policies, Processes & Procedures
· Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Background in Poultry and Meat industry is an asset.
• Good interpersonal and motivational skills
• Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
• Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
· Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
· Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
· Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
· Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.