Retail Chicken Shop Cashier
ROLE PURPOSE: Responsible for providing friendly and professional customer service to consumers, completing transactions swiftly and efficiently.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
2. Accurately and efficiently processes transactions and maintains all cash at the registers, complying with the Maple Lodge Farms cash policy and internal controls, as well as all other Company policies. Report any internal or external system errors and/or disconnect during the transaction process.
3. Assists members during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions.
4. Promote and encourage department selling objectives (e.g. upselling, specials and cross promoting) in conjunction with management focus. Maintain an awareness of all promotional activity and ensure that all pricing is correct.
5. Accurately process customer transactions as well as cash-in and cash-out procedures. Work in conjunction with management to ensure that all monies are finalized at the end of all transaction periods and that end of shift cash outs are finalized for deposit bags.
6. Maintains a clean and orderly register area, complying with sanitary and safety standards. Ensures supplies are always stocked.
7. Communicates customer requests and complaints to the Supervisor.
8. Policies, Processes & Procedures
a. Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
b. Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
Able to read, count, and write accurately;
Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.